- Regardless of your age or sex, everyone will find numerous benefits to weight training.
These are 10 reasons
- Helps you lose fat: Training with weights 2 – 3 times a week increases muscle mass and muscle burn fuel(including fat). More muscle mass increases your body’s ability to burn fat.
- You’ll be stronger (without bulk): Being stronger helps in all aspects of your life, including your confidence. More muscle doesn’t have to mean bulk, especially for women.
- You’ll have more energy: Weight training can do wonders for your energy levels, especially when combined with cardiovascular training.
- Stronger bones: Research has shown that weight training can increase bone strength and density a great defence against osteoporosis – even if you start in your 50s or 60s.
- Eases pain: Weight training strengthens joints, making them more durable and stronger.
- Train anywhere: Weight training does not mean having to join a gym. You can train anywhere and without fancy equipment, including the comfort of your own home.
- Improves athletic performance: Talent will only get you so far. where would Tiger woods be without weight training.